SIAN KA’AN MUYIL TOUR
Journey back in time on the ancient Sian Ka’an waterway
This not-to-be-missed boat tour follows the Sian Ka’an canal, built by the native Mayans more than 1,000 years ago. During the course of the tour, you’ll discover the exquisite turquoise Chunyaxche lagoon, as well as the ancient Xlahpak temple – an incredible Mayan ruin known locally as “The Watch of the Lake”. As relaxing as it is fascinating, this intriguing boat tour will leave you with memories that last a lifetime. When getting to Muyil you will hike inside the jungle to reach the impressive ruin of Muyil “El Castillo” and enjoy the breathtaking views. Learn about trees, plants and the history of this ancient ruin. This intriguing boat and jungle tour will leave you with memories that last a lifetime.
After this unforgettable experience, we take you on an expedition of floating in the crystal clear spring waters of the Mayan Canal, as the current gently carries you downstream. After all, local legend says that these spring-fed waters have magical healing powers! Whether or not this is true, you’re guaranteed to feel on top of the world as the current carries you gently downstream – all to the soundtrack of tropical birdsong.
At additional costs it is possible to book this tour as a private tour.
After all this your hunger will be stilled with a traditional Mayan Lunch made by a lady that cooks for you at her own farm. She speaks Mayan and Spanish but really tries to communicate with you in English.
• A/C Transportation
• Guided Boat Tour through the Mangroves, Lagoons, Channels
• Hike through the Jungle and Visit to the Maya Ruin of Muyil
• Observation of Birds and other Wildlife in their Natural Habitat
• Free Time Floating and Relaxing in the Natural Mangrove Canal
• Trilingual Tour Guide (English / Spanish / Italian)
• Purified Bottled Water, natural Juice and fruits
• Typical Mayan Lunch
• All Entry Fees to the Reserve & Mayan Canal and the Muyil Ruins
Tour duration: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm *from Tulum beach road
Level of physical activity: Medium (flotation on the canal for approximately 40 mins, soft walking, sightseeing tour).
What to bring
• Biodegradable Sunblock
• Biodegradable Insect Repellent
• Swimsuits, Towel
• Sun Hat, Sun Glasses
• Change of Clothing
• Camera. If you have an underwater camera this is the moment to bring it!